Thursday 26 November 2015

Late To The Hype

My lack of posts since being at uni has been horrendous, but I am determined to get back on the blogging ball from now. 

If you have even looked at a blog in the last, I don't know six months perhaps you will be more than familiar with these products and the blogger buzz surrounding them; L'Oreal Paris Infallible Matte Foundation and Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water I had somehow not given into the hype, well until recently that is and I would like to say after trying these products I am disappointed that I didn't cave in and buy them before.

First of all please excuse how dirty my tube is, I think it shows its well loved. Mine is in the shade Porcelain 10; which I believe is the lightest shade and is the perfect match for my snowman like complexion. The coverage of this foundation is UNREAAAAL so may find it on the heavier side, but for me I am a fan as it lasts all day and I don't see the need for concealer with this foundation as it covers any redness around my nose and darkness under my eyes. I apply it with my damp beauty blender and it gives a nice skin like finish with no greasy shiny face syndrome after a good buffing in. There is also no need for powder with this foundation, I once made that mistake and was left looking cakier than a bakery. It also hasn't broken me out which means it gets a yaaaaaaaaaass from me.

Can we all just appreciate how cute this little mini is? Perfect for travelling or trying out like me. Before this the only micellar water I had tried was Bioderma, which I loved, but is definitely a lot pricier than this. This is without a doubt the most effective way to remove make-up it gives the effect of a cleanser in the time of a make-up wipe and has become a staple of my lazy uni student lifestyle. It leaves the skin feeling hydrated also, I find some cleansers can often leave the skin feeling as if the life has been sucked out of it. Another thing I have found with this is that it doesn't leave your face looking red after use, as I have sensitive skin I am often left looking strawberry faced, but not with this product. The only way I was disappointed by this slightly is it fails in the removal of waterproof mascara, other than that I love it and will definitely purchase the full size next time.


Have you tried either of these products? (lets be real you probably have) What did you think of them?

7 comments:

  1. I have the cleansing water! it's totally my life saver after a long day and I can't be bothered to take my make up off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micellar water is an essential to me! Great post x
    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garnier is amazing! You are very late to the party but I bet you're pleased you found it now :)

    Laura at Lola and Behold

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dislike the cleaning water, not a fan!

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've never seen that cleansing water before - looks interesting. as for the foundation, that's good to know it doesn't leave a greasy film because I tend to have oily skin and have been looking for a decent drugstore product as a backup foundation. thx for sharing girl!

    TIFFANYXOXO.COM

    ReplyDelete