Sunday 19 April 2015

Goodbye Dry



I suffer from extremely dry skin and my skin is also mega sensitive so I have to be careful with what I use to tackle this. So in today's post I will be sharing my guide to living a flake free life.


Step one: Hands, nobody wants to be caught red handed or should I say dry handed in this case, for years I have been using the Nivea Smooth Nourishing Hand Cream, I also love Soap and Glory Hand Food, but I find this one dries much quicker and keeps my hands smooth for longer. It contains macadamia nut oil which is key for soothing dry skin.



Step two: Face, there is nothing worse than a dry face, my face is often dry from various spot tackling treatments which can often leave the face sore and drier than a desert. So I find Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser is enough to leave the skin hydrated and smooth for make up without making you mega shiny and looking more oiled up than Kim K in her 'break the internet' pictures. Also as simple products are so 'simple' it doesn't irritate my sensitive spot prone skin; win win situation right here.



Step three: Body, when jumping out of the shower I want a fuss free moisturiser that will keep my skin moisturised, but will not feel greasy and will not take decades to dry. I have found the holy grail of affordable effective moisturisers- Vaseline Intesive Care Essential Lotion. It also has no funky fragranced ingredients that can often irritate my skin.



Step four: Feet, brace yourself sandal seasoning is coming and nobody wants to be caught slipping with their crusty dry back foot. Soap and Glory Heel Genius is a one stop solution to all your dry foot needs. Although I am not overly keen on the smell, I can learn to live with it, as its not as if you sniff your feet and I'd rather have nice soft feet that smell slightly odd than dry ones.



Step five:  Lips- last, but at no means least I cannot bare the feel of dry lips and nothing is more effective that good old Vaseline in my opinion. My favourite is this Cocoa Butter one, you can kiss goodbye to dry lips.

54 comments:

  1. I'm 100% going to have to pick up Heel Genius, I've heard so many good things!
    ♥ Fran - www.frannymac.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The things you've heard are all correct! x

      Delete
  2. i will definintely be trying these products out, i love the simple range because i have really sensitive skin! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/04/uk-blog-awards.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my Vaseline, my lips aren't the same without it! I really need to try the Heel Genius! xx

    Kirsty Leigh // A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vaseline is literally a life essential, I can't leave the house without it. You definitely should!xx

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love the Simple Light Moisturizer, and have been using it for years with no intention to swap it out. I love the Soap&Glory skincare too, I have the Endless Glove hand cream which is divine. I love Vaseline too, my lips are always chapped! Lovely post, thank you :) x

    Karis // karisatkinson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Vaseline products! I use one for my hands and for my lips and my skin feels so good ! Love it !

    xx Sab | http://thechicflair.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great especially since they're so cheap! x

      Delete
  6. I manage my dry skin by using homemade scrubs and moisturizing with natural essential oils! Wonderful post :)

    victoriatheresia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vaseline and Nivea are one of my favorite products in the market <3
    Anyway would you like to follow each other? Follow me and leave me a comment on my blog so that i can follow you back <3

    www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great products! I always use Vaseline on my lips and when dying my hair xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I hear its good to put around your hair line to prevent staining your skin! x

      Delete
  9. Lovely products! I always use simple moisturiser !

    www.susannahzabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great products!

    I hope that you visit my blog too and maybe follow: SPIKED-SOUL.BLOGSPOT.COM :)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Vaseline products! They work so well for me. I just recently purchased their spray-on moisturiser (weird right??) and it's great! Love your blog by the way, thank you for leaving such a sweet comment on mine :)

    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that sounds amaze! I shall have to have a look and thank you x

      Delete
  12. I also have dry/sensitive skin. You use some great products here, I love the Soap & Glory foot cream. I love the scent but agree that it's either a love/hate :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its an extremely Marmite situation with the smell! x

      Delete
  13. thank you for sharing the products you use! I absolutely hate dry skin!

    x Karen
    http://dressinginlabels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heel Genius sounds perfect for me! Thanks for recommending :)

    http://katsbeautytales.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome it's such a great product!

      Delete
  15. Heel genius from soap & glory is amazing. I use it every summer without fail and this post just reminded me that I need to get some x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree its a wonder product for the summer!

      Delete
  16. Great post, I have had such dry skin lately so thanks for sharing these products!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I know that struggle aha

      Delete
  17. Nivea is my favourite brand when it comes to hydration. xx

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm an avid fan and user of Vaseline lotions.
    I love all of their products esp when it comes to dryness.
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  19. That vaseline lotion is my #1 for after a scrub in the shower - it leaves skin SO soft! xx


    ALLURE OBSESSED - BEAUTY BLOG // BLOGLOVIN'

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always use the vaseline for the dry skin.
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great, trust-worthy products! <3

    http://www.thestylishbipolar.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I also have dry and sensitive skin so I can relate to your struggle!! I must try the Simple moisturiser because I am in need of a new one!

    Claire // Technicolour Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  23. I definitely have to stock up on some nice creams and bodylotions!
    Love those little vaseline tubs as well!

    Much love xxx
    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for this, I definitely need some new moisturising coming into winter here in Aus!

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're coming into summer, but it will still be freezing haha!

      Delete
  25. I absolutely adore all simple products, and definitely need to try the heel genius sometime!!

    ~Thevya
    truelythevs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I use the simple moisturiser on my face also! Hasn't caused me any problems, only fixed them! I love it! xx
    www.emilyjanewebb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great post, sometimes the simple products are much more effective!

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. Totally agree with every single product. The Vaseline range is so lovely, and Soap and glory are fab for hand and foot creams :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amazing products! I need some of these too! Thanks for sharing!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love these products xx

    www.susannahzabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I also have super dry skin... this sounds like a lot of products to buy for me, but I'm definitely intrigued by the idea of cocoa butter Vaseline!

    www.MarinaSays.com

    ReplyDelete