Friday 5 September 2014

Simple Skincare Review

My first blog post is about something I know and love, some may say I am obsessed with Simple products.  They have been a staple of my everyday skincare routine for as long as I can remember and I am not afraid to say they may have saved my life (if having spots was life threatening that is).                         



Kind to Skin Purifying Cleansing Lotion: Firstly I would like to say I absolutely LOVE this product! It is a simple (if you’ll pardon the pun) and extremely effective way of removing make up or any excess oil and as this product is marketed to cleanse drier skin it also gives a subtle moisturising and hydrating feeling as it goes. Overall and all round great product that does exactly what it says on the bottle.
Spotless Skin Anti-Blemish Moisturiser: As I am a teenager, like many other teenagers I am lucky enough to live with the joy of having ridiculously spot prone skin and suffer from frequent breakouts and on top of that I also have rather dry skin.  Due to my spot prone dry skin, finding a moisturiser that works for me has proven a difficult task as they are often not enough hydrating enough for my dry skin or are far too oily and cause me to break out. However I believe with this moisturiser I have found my perfect match with its blend of spot fighting life saving ingredients and antibacterial fabulousness keep my skin moisturised all day without leaving my face ridiculously oil that I start to resemble a melting candle.

Kind to Skin Soothing Facial Toner: My skin is super sensitive so finding a toner that doesn't give the sensation  I imagine pouring acid all over my face would give, has been difficult. I have tried many toners and they all seem to burn, but I believe my mission for the perfect toner is complete with this product. I use this product day and night after the cleanser I have also mentioned in this post and together they are the absolute dream team, they leave my face feeling squeaky clean without feeling even slightly dry. This product gives a very clean refreshing feeling.
Spotless Skin Blackhead Eliminating Face Scrub: As I mentioned I do suffer from breakouts, but this product has definitely helped reduce the amount of break outs I have and also helps get rid of breakouts much quicker and effectively than anything else I have used in the past. I have tried various face scrubs, as you will know if you've ever suffered from spots you’re determined to get rid of them ASAP doing whatever it takes. I have previously slapped everything and anything imaginable on my face to fight spots, but many face scrubs I have tried have caused extreme dryness to the skin when ridding spots and I can honestly say this one by simple has never caused any dryness or irritation to the skin like many other face scrubs I have tried in the past. I think I may actually be in love with this product and this is why I always use it to kick-start my skincare routine.

Kind to Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser: This is the only Simple product I have ever tried and been disappointed with.  After trying it I was left feeling slightly deceived by the use of ‘rich’ in the name of this product, as after using this face did not feel fully moisturised and hydrated at all. As I have said though I have incredibly dry skin, so I believe maybe this product would work better with a slightly oilier skin perhaps.

Overall... I absolutely adore Simple products and I think for the low price they are definitely at least worth giving a try, as they have saved my skin and I believe will continue to help keep my skin clear and hydrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment